The Facts About Paper Pumpkin Kits
Want to Try Something New? Paper Pumpkin to the Rescue!
Got a Concern? A Paper Pumpkin Kit is your Solution!
1. You need some creative “Me-Time” just for yourself? Paper Pumpkin makes it easy to create by being an all-inclusive crafting kit that comes to your mailbox monthly.
2. Help! I want an artsy project to do with my children now! Paper Pumpkin makes it easy to connect with your kids to craft.
3. You have a special occassion coming up, but don’t want to get dressed up to go shop for expensive greeting cards. Paper Pumpkin can help you have a card stash on hand for those important life occasions.
4. You want to invite your friends over to craft together but don’t want all the hassle of figuring out a project and shopping for all the needed supplies! Paper Pumpkin rescues you from all that frustation by supplying everything you need. Just increase your subscription for that month for each friend, or you can split up a few kits to share among your friends.
5. Do you feel overwhelmed sometimes when you need to come up with a specific project, but you are not feeling inspired, or don’t have the correct products, or you lack of actual know-how to create what you’re thinking of? Paper Pumpkin brings everything you need in the monthly kit.
So What Is Paper Pumpkin?
Paper Pumpkin by Stampin’ Up! is a crafting subscription kit filled with inspiration that provides you with an easy way to be creative every month. A surprise project kit that you can create as designed or add other coordinating Stampin’ Up! products to create your own projects, also known as alternate designs.
Each month’s kit is themed and can match an upcoming season (Spring) or holiday (Christmas). Make sure to subscribe before the 10th of the month to receive the current kit for that month!
You’ll be surprised with projects like cards, gift packaging, home décor, and more. Although the project’s design inside each box are a surprise, there are hints provided for each month’s kit including theme, type of projects, coordinating colors and other details.
Ordering the kit cut off date is the 10th of each month. The kits start shipping by about the 15th of the month, so depending where you live it may take a few days or a week or more to receive it.
Then around the 20th-21st of the month you can visit my online store, search Paper Pumpkin Refills, and you’ll be able to see if any extra kits or refill kits are available for purchase. (Refill kits do not have the stamp set or ink spot included.) It is wise to check my online store occasionally anyway, because Stampin’ Up! sometimes discounts previous kits and you can get some real bargains there.
What Comes in a Paper Pumpkin Box?
Every Paper Pumpkin Crafting Kit will bring you a lot of value each month. All you have to do is open up the box and get started.
At least six times a year, it will be a card kit with eight or more cards. Sometimes the kit includes cards plus gift bags, banners, treat bags, or boxes. Other times, it’s home decor, giftables, or treat packaging. Everything is precut and ready to go so you can skip to the fun part of crafting!
With your first kit you will receive a clear stamp block to use again and again. Each themed kit includes a theme-coordinated photopolymer stamp set (that you use the clear stamp block with), a matching color-coordinated ink spot, card bases that are pre-scored, matching envelopes, embellishments, twine or ribbon, foam dimensionals and glue dot adhesives. You’ll find the color printed How – to instructions on the opposite side of the backing board the kit is on.
When you are all finished with your projects, you still have the clear block, stamp set, and ink spot to use again for more creative projects. If you accidentally misplace your provided clear stamp block, let me know and I can order you a new one.
Here’s Some Additional Helpful Tools to Have on Hand
While your Paper Pumpkin box will include everything needed to create the projects, there are a few additional items that are helpful to have on hand when crafting:
- Simply Shammy to clean your stamps. All it needs is some water to easily clean your stamps. I cut mine in half and place in a baggie for easy use and storage.
- Bone Folder to create crisp folds.
- Deluxe Foam Mat is a washable and helpful stamping mat that helps you stamp a great image.
- Paper Snips for cutting ribbon or twine.
- Favorite adhesive. Try the adhesive that comes in the box first but I love using the Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Sometimes it is handy to have scotch tape nearby too.
- Take Your Pick Tool is perfect for adding embellishments to your project with the putty end, but also great for lifting cardstock to fix mistakes with the spatula end, or poking holes to create a faux stitched look.
- Each month Stampin’ Up! suggests coordinating products that you can add to your kit to extend your creative possibilities. Sometimes they offer add-on products like dies you can order extra as a Paper Pumpkin subscriber.
- Do you have some cardstock, designer series paper or another stamp set you think works with that kit? Use those additional products you have on hand to personalize your projects!
What If I don’t Like the upcoming kit’s theme?
stampingI will share in my twice monthly newsletter about what is coming so you don’t have to worry about knowing generally what is coming for the next month. You have until the 10th of each month (early in the day) to suspend your kit for that month if you don’t think you’ll like it. The suspension is done in your personal Paper Pumpkin account online.
But if you miss the deadline accidentally you still have several choices.
1) Give the kit as a gift to a friend. They are great as a birthday gift, thank you, or holiday gift. I suggest you may want to order through me those extra Paper Pumpkin clear stamping blocks to have a couple on hand for you to use or to give with a kit you are gifting.
2) Do not unwrap or open the kit and return it as it originally came to you back to the Post Office (refuse delivery) and you will receive a refund to the credit card that was charged once Stampin’ Up! receives it back.
3) Just hang on to the kit for a while, you might change your mind after you see all the amazing alternate cards that are shared through the Paper Pumpkin Fan Club Facebook Group. Incredibly creative people there! Be sure to join this group after you subscribe to Paper Pumpkin.
4) If you have saved several kits, think about mixing and matching what is in several kits to create something totally different! Challenge your creativity!
WHERE CAN I SEE A KIT IN MORE DETAIL?
Stampin’ Up! has a Paper Pumpkin You Tube Channel where you can see previous kit’s contents in detail.
As a subscriber you will also receive one or more emails each month from Stampin’ Up! sharing interesting information about that month’s kit.
I’M INTERESTED, BUT I’M NEW AND UNSURE HOW MUCH TIME WILL A KIT TAKE?
For new crafters, a Paper Pumpkin subscription is a great place to start. You can explore if you like paper crafting and card making without making a huge investment.
If you haven’t stamped before, the ready to assemble kit makes it easier to do by following the provided step by step directions, complete with pictures!
Assembling a kit as it was designed usually takes about 30 minutes. But once you start to feel more confident and want to try making some alternative designs, time will start to fly and you may be surprised you’ve spent and hour or more crafting.
But you don’t have to do the kit in one sitting. You can make one of the projects, then return another day/evening and do another one and so on.
You can even take the kit traveling with you. The box has plenty of room to add some of your extra tools and the clear stamp block. Or take it to your patio table and craft in the backyard! Invite a friend over to craft with you!
If you end up having a few leftover pieces from a kit, hang on to them as they may be useful with the next kit you receive. My motto is don’t let anything go to waste if you can help it!
Your Paper Pumpkin kit experience will be fun, you’ll be creative, and you’ll have finished handmade projects that bring joy to you and others as you share them.
PAPER PUMPKIN RETURN AND REPLACEMENT POLICY
If you’re not happy with your Paper Pumpkin subscription or kit, please call us at 1-800-STAMP-UP; we’ll help you make it right.
Please note: Once received, please check your Paper Pumpkin kit to ensure all parts and pieces are included; if your kit has any damaged or missing elements, we will happily assist you. Upon contacting us, replacement parts and pieces for any kit will be sent within 90 days of the kit’s original shipping date at no cost to you. After 90 days have passed, we can no longer guarantee that replacement parts and pieces will be available and may need to work toward an alternate solution.