Wanna Make a Fun Holiday Card? Try This One!
If you love to make your own holiday cards, then you’ll enjoy the challenge of this fun fold design. Your measuring and scoring skills will be put to the test on this card, because precision is what is needed. But it is oh so worth the effort! The best part of this fun fold is it still fits in an A2 envelope and folds flat enough for mailing. Be sure to use the regular weight of Basic White cardstock, and not the thick Basic White.
This card design utilizes the Cottage Wreaths Stamp set and matching Country Wreaths Dies. Add in my three favorite holiday colors, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler and Shaded Spruce, and you can’t go wrong. Using the gorgeous Joy of Christmas Designer Series Paper from the 2023 Fall Mini Catalog, provides the elegant look and feel. Also from the 2023 Fall Mini Catalog is the new Deckled Circle Dies. You are going to love this massive set of 14 dies. You will find many uses for them. You can write a short holiday greeting on the underneath side of the card base so as to not affect the beauty of the card itself.
Start With the Fun Fold on Basic White Cardstock
The Design Details
- Stamp Set – Cottage Wreaths
- Dies – Country Wreaths Dies, Deckled Circle Dies (use 6th smallest going from the center out)
- Inks – Cherry Cobbler for Holly Berries on Wreath, Real Red for Bow and Tag, and Shaded Spruce for the Wreath
- Paper – Basic White Cardstock for base, 3″ square piece for wreath, 1 1/2″ square for bow, and Tag 1/2″ x 1 1/8″
- Joy of Christmas Designer Series Paper – Green Plaid cut 2″ x 4 1/8″, Red Plaid cut 3″ square, Foliage cut 2 7/8″ square and 2 1/4″ x 6″ for envelope flap on affixed on a Medium Basic White envelope
- Embellishments – I used retired Red Rhinestones, but you can color the Rhinestone Basic Jewels with the Dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend marker and get a similar result.
- Tools – Die Cutting Machine, Paper Trimmer, Bone Folder and Take Your Pick Tool, pencil, ruler
- Adhesives – Stampin’ Seal, Dimensionals, and Mini Dimensionals
Assembly is easy if you refer to the photos here. The wreath is raised up on Dimensionals. The bow is raised up with Mini Dimensionals. You will adhere the triangle section that sits on the Green Plaid with adhesive so the Pop-Up effect is easier to achieve when the card comes out of the envelope.
Just in case you didn’t believe me, I wanted to show you that this Diamond Pop-Up Fun Fold does fit in the A2 envelope!
You did it! Wasn’t that fun! Who will be the lucky person to receive this Holiday Card from you? I hope you have someone very special in mind!
I’ve prepared a quick and easy online store shopping list for you. You can see the products used in this design (with the exception of the Red Rhinestones.) You are able to check “add all” to your shopping card, or uncheck what items you already have. If there are other items on your wish list you can add them to your shopping cart when in the actual online store. Shop Now!
Here’s another Holiday card idea using the Abundant Beauty Decorative Masks HERE. Give it a look.
I invite you to join The Kind Card Maker’s Insiders Community by subscribing to my email list. As a thanks for signing up you will receive a free 14 card One Sheet Wonder pdf that you can use for any holiday or occasion. This One Sheet Wonder gift is for subscribers only! I look forward to you being part of our community real soon!