Let’s Make This Birthday Card!
BIRTHDAY CARD SUPPLIES NEEDED:
Daffodil Delight Cardstock
Garden Green Cardstock
Basic White Cardstock
Retired Day at the Farm 12×12 Designer Series Paper
Scalloped Contours Dies
Retired Layering Ovals – die cut size oval is approximately 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
Colored Pencils – Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Tear and Tape
Very Retired Window Punch
plus your basic tools, like paper trimmer and die cutting machine
BIRTHDAY CARD CUTTING DIRECTIONS:
Daffodil Delight Card base:
1st piece – 5 1/2″ x 8″, scored at 1″, 2″, 5″
2nd piece 3″ x 6″, scored at 4 1/4″ on the long side
Day at the Farm 12×12 Designer Series Paper (DSP):
Cow and tree pattern – 1 piece cut 2 3/4″ x 5 1 /4″ and 2nd piece 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
Yellow stripes – 2 3/4″ x 4″
Basic White cardstock for back of card 2 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
Garden Green cardstock 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ for scalloped rectangle die
Basic White for oval die 3″ x 4″ for stamped Goose image
Daffodil Delight 1/2″ x 3″ for “Goosebumps” Tag
Day at the Farm 12×12 Designer Series Paper – Envelope Flap 2-3/8″ x 6″
BIRTHDAY CARD ASSEMBLY DIRECTIONS:
- On the larger Daffodil Delight scored piece, adhere the two pieces of the Cow & Trees from the Day at the Farm Designer Series Paper referring to the photos for placement.
- On the Yellow Stripes DSP adhere this piece to the larger section of the second card base piece.
- Using the photos above as a guide, close up the “easel” and affix the front section of the second base piece as shown in the photos making sure it is centered and flush with the bottom edge of the small front section of the easel.
- Adhere a piece of Tear and Tape to the inside edge of the back section of the 2nd smaller piece so it will attach to the back of the closed easel. Keeping the easel completely closed and flat, remove the protective layer of the Tear and Tape and press to back of card/easel.
- Stamp on the Basic White 2 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Adhere to the back of the card covering the back of the smaller Daffodil Delight piece, so it will “look pretty” and be hidden.
- Using the Scalloped Rectangle die, die cut out the Garden Green cardstock.
- On the Basic White cardstock stamp the Goose image on the front. Using the large oval die, die cut out the oval. Then color with the Pumpkin Pie and Smoky Slate colored pencils as shown. Use the Blender pen to smooth out the color so a watercolor effect is achieved.
- Adhere the oval to the scalloped rectangle. Then adhere and center on the front easel section.
- Stamp in Memento the “Goose Bumps” on the Daffodil Delight strip. Using the Window Punch, punch it out. Adhere as shown in the photo with mini-dimensionals.
- If desired, affix the DSP piece to the exterior of the envelope flap, and trim off excess.
Now, wasn’t that fun? After you have made one, making more will be easy as pie! Make a Birthday bunch to have on hand, using whatever DSP and large line image stamps you have on hand.
Like the Silly Goose Stamp Set? Take a Look Here!